Thank You Conscious Wine for this Heavenly Syrah-Braised Short Rib Dish with Rosemary Yellow Beet Mashed Potatoes
This recipe appeared in the Conscious Wine Newsletter on February 13, 2014. I couldn’t wait to share it with you. Get their newsletter and you will be entered to win a trip to the Willamette Valley in Oregon.
Serve this dish with 2008 Cowhorn Syrah which can be purchased at www.consciouswine.com.
• 1 tablespoon New Mexican red chili, ground
• 2 teaspoons cumin seed, ground
• 2 teaspoons fennel seed, ground
I love rose from Provence and drink it year round. It’s not just a ‘summer wine’ in our house and it really makes everything feel festive. I also LOVE lasagne – and eggplant – so when we received this recipe from : Pasquale Pons the Director of Château Les Valentines we couldn’t wait to share it with you! Just as an fyi, rose and tomato sauce goes really well together – just the right balance…
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 cups flour
2 egg yolks
1. Mix all together in bowl – this will make dough – knead it a bit.
2. Take small portion and roll into rope.
3. Cut into one inch pieces.
4. Roll each one inch piece with your fingers, or roll off back of fork.
Repeat until done.
Cook them fresh or freeze them on a cookie sheet until hard and store in…