Our company is committed to preserving the integrity of the trust that you have placed in us when you sign up for our newsletter and events.
Purposes of Collecting Personal Information About Users. Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to:
- personalize and improve the service we provide to you;
- respond to any emailed requests you make to us; and
- customize advertising content and communicate with you (including, without limitation, provide you with email alerts)
- provide you with exclusive invitations or offers that you may have an interest in attending or taking advantage of
We collect the following types of information from our users:
A. Information You Provide to Us:
- We may receive and store any information you enter on our websites or provide to us in any other way, such as your nickname, name, email address, and other information you provide. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features, such as posting comments to our websites, creating a user profile or receiving email alerts.
- In order for you to use certain parts of our websites or take advantage of certain services, you may be required to complete a registration form and provide the requested information about you. Required information for all sites includes a name, email address and password.
- In most cases, we retain your information so that you can return to view saved lists or sent messages. When you update your information, we usually keep a back-up copy of the prior version.
- You post information at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your information.
B. Automatic Information:
- We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We may automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, the page you requested, and your communications and interaction with our other website registrants. We uses this traffic data to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer our websites.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Women & Wine is not able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
C. Email Communications:
- We may receive confirmation via HTML code when you open an email from Women & Wine. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please notify us by email at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
D. Information from Other Sources:
- For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information, including details of the purchases (and any associated returns) you make at retailers where you were referred by us (excluding any credit card information).
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Sugar Publishing cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
- Third Party cookies: From time to time, we may use tracking programs to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Will Women & Wine Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as provided herein or with your consent, to the entities that are controlled by Women & Wine or to the entities described below:
Affiliated Business We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In connection with our Women & Wine brand, under certain circumstances these businesses operate within our websites or sell items to you within our services; in other situations, we provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses and other business partners. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction. We will only share personal information that is related to such transactions or is necessary for the affiliate or business partner to complete the transaction.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. We may also provide your personal information to agents who will use it to verify aggregate usage data that we provide to our partners. You hereby consent to our sharing of your personal information for all the above purposes.
Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at customerservice@womenwine.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or business. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Women & Wine, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Blogs: The information you provide us in connection with any content you post to the Website, may be used to facilitate and provide your requested services within the Website and/or your request for our services through other websites. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in blogs, comments, messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your display name may be displayed to other users when you upload text, images or videos, leave comments or send messages through the Website and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any images, captions, physical descriptions, personal interests or other content that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. When you post, you agree to post original content only and only photographs which you have the rights and usage to.
Communication About the Website or in Response to Your Requests: As part of the Website and our services, you will receive email and other communication relating to your use of the Website or your user account. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on the Website or otherwise using the Website, we and our agents may send you email, contact you or engage in other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your use of the Website. We may use a user’s email address (or telephone number for text and multimedia messaging) to send updates, a newsletter or other news regarding the Website or our services.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- If you choose to create one, your Sugar Publishing account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input.
- We endeavor to protect user information to ensure that the user account information is kept private, however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failures, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For more information about the security measures Sugar Publishing uses in connection with the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated above, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our websites.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information About Users Does Sugar Publishing Collect?” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Sugar Publishing account by sending a message to email@example.com. Please note that even after your account has been disabled, information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features and services.
Should you contact us by any of the above means, please provide sufficient information for us to identify you. Your privacy is important to use, and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns as soon as reasonably possible.