My husband is always bugging me to make a playlist of songs that I love to listen to when I’m drinking/tasting wine. Not so simple, as depending on the time of day, the season, whether it’s with or without food, there’s always a song in my head when I’m drinking wine.
So this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see Kris Chislett from http://blogyourwine.com had done most of the work in creating this compilation of songs with wine references in them. I emailed Kris and he was more than happy to allow me to republish his favs here – I did them in reverse order – and after goofing around on www.youtube.com, voila! they had the links to the music videos too.
Is there a song in your head when your drinking certain wines? I certainly hope so!
1. Celebration by Kanye West – You know what though? You my favorite accident. So go ahead and pop some Cristal.
2. Ironic by Alanis Morrisette – It’s a black fly in your Chardonnay. It’s a death row pardon two minutes too late.
3. Hotel California by the Eagles – Mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice. And she said “We are all just prisoners here, or our own device”.
4. Never Tear Us Apart by INXS – If I hurt you, I’d make wine from your tears.
5. Big Shot by Billy Joel – You had the Dom Perignon in your hand and the spoon up your nose.
6. Show Me What You Got by Jay-Z – I’m getting better with time. I’m like Opus One young.
7. Lady Marmalade by Christina Aguilera – Boy drank all that magnolia wine. We drink wine with diamonds in the glass.
8. Champagne Supernova by Oasis – Some day you will find me caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova – A champagne supernova in the sky.
9. Killer Queen by Queen – She keeps Moet Chandon, in her pretty cabinet. Let them eat cake, she says. Just like Marie Antoinette.
10. Body Movin’ by Beastie Boys – Like a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape, I’m fine like wine when I start to rap.
Do you hear it? I definitely do.